To Jolly Harbor

Sunday February 1

We have been med moored in Nelson’s Dock Yard for the last ten days. It has been one of our favorite stops with all the very large sailboats, which means over a 100 foot plus and the 3 day superyacht regatta.




But it’s time to go so yesterday afternoon we got ready to go, but we did not put the dinghy on deck instead we will tow it for the 14 mile passage. This should not be a problem as the waves will be from the side as we go along the south and west coast of Antigua. This morning we checked out and got under way at 8:51 AM. It was no problem leaving the dock as Lorraine used the windlass to pull Changes out from between the boats on both sides.


Once the anchor was secured we motored out of English Harbor. We motor sailed west with a following swell and a light breeze from the east. A rain squall passed over us and we got some wind and jib sailed for a while. Eventually we turned north and followed the pink line in the GPS to get to the channel into Jolly Harbor. We reached the channel and motored in and picked up a mooring at around 11:20 AM.

Lorraine heated the leftover spaghetti for lunch.

We have been having a problem with our refrigeration. It has been running only intermittently and off long enough for the ice to melt in the freezer u it and the food in top partially thaw. The compressor unit is under the starboard settee. I took off the cushions and looked in at the refrigeration unit. I had the intention of measuring the voltage and when I touched a butt connection, it turned on for a second then off again. As I moved wires the unit would start momentarily indicating a bad connection. I went to the terminal block and pulled back on the black and red power wires and the red one came out just like nothing. It was not connected properly. Using a small screwdriver I loosened the terminal then pushed the red wire in and tightened. Eureka the refrigeration is fixed and are we glad it was such an easy fix!!
At 2:30 we put the dingy together and went over to Walkabout to talk to Bob and Jeanne. Then the four of us went in to the marina office to check in. We then went to the Epicurean grocery store and found some things we have been looking for such as decaf coffee and instant vanilla pudding. This store was expensive but it had some food items that we haven’t seen in our travels so was good to get these items only and wait for a good stock up at a cheaper store. We over spent then went back to Changes. Lorraine fixed sandwiches for supper with the just bought cold cuts, they were excellent.
At 6:30 we went to the marina for warm showers then to Akropolis for the Super Bowl party. We stayed until after half time.


One thought on “To Jolly Harbor

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s